Sunday, November 4, 2018

extra credit The real truth about the food that we eat

11/4/18        The real truth about the food that we eat


Today I am going to talk about the real truth about the food that we eat. I know a lot people buy fast food almost everyday. But do you really know what is in the hamburger or fries that you just got from McDonalds'? Do you know that eating fast food is very unhealthy for you?
You can also get food poisoning from any food that you buy rather if it is from a restaurant, grocery store or fast food place.

I remember a few years back my mom brought home milk shakes from a burger joint.  She brought 3 milks shakes  2 peanut butter  shakes one for her and one for me and one strawberry shake for my brother. I remember the peanut butter milk shake was so good but after a while I started feeling really sick from it. My mom also got sick from the peanut butter milk shake too. We both realized we both got food poisoning from the peanut butter milk shake. My mom called the burger joint they and told her that they was using old peanut butter, that it was from the bottom of the jar and the burger joint didn't care that we got sick from the milk shakes. 

My little brother Curtis also got food poisoning before too. Curtis was 6 years old at the time. We went to the grocery store to get something for dinner. Curtis was very hungry at the time he saw a rolled taco at the deli and begged my mom to get it for him. It was the only rolled taco left at the deli. So, my mom bought it for him.  Curtis ended up getting food poisoning from the rolled taco that he had eaten. My brother was sick for three days from food poisoning. He ended up losing weight from it too.



I have watched two documentaries about the food industry. The two documentaries that I watched was Fresh and Food Inc.

I would have to say out of the two documentaries that I watched, Food Inc. was my favorite. Because Food Inc. actually shows you what is really happening to the food that we eat. Also, how the food company treated their workers, animals and farmers as well. Food Inc. also reminded me of the documentary super sized me  



I watched Super Sized Me when I was 15 years old. I stop eating fast food all together because it grossed me out. I kind of feel the same way after watching Food Inc. as well. But, I know I can't give up food all together. 

We need to be feeding the cows grass instead of corn, so that way we don't get Ecole. I also feel that we should not be putting chemicals into the fruits and vegetables that we consume. Bottom line is we need to be more aware of where our food is coming from.  
Remember we are unique, different and special in our unique way I love you, see you next time 💚💚💚💚

No comments:

Post a Comment