Friday, November 16, 2018

Entry 8 giving back during the holiday season

11/14/18    giving back during the holiday seasonšŸŽ„šŸŽ… 



Today I am going to talk about the holiday season and the importance of giving back.

I have always loved the holiday season especially Christmas. I always go all out with my Santa hat, every year. I decorate my hat with glitter glue and Christmas lights. I always get asked by random people if I bought my hat from Walmart. People are shocked when I tell them that I made my hat. Then I get asked "can you make me a hat". The next thing I know I am making a hat for someone else.


                                             
                                     This is my Santa hat 

I also feel that the holiday season is not all about the food, presents etc.. But, more about friends and family and giving back to your community. 

I always see homeless people on the street everyday. It saddens me to know that there are so many people that don't know where their next meal is going to come from or struggle to make ends meet. During the holiday season there are so many people without a holiday meal or children that don't have any new toys to play with.

That is why I feel it is so important to give back during the holiday season. Not only to make a difference to a family but it also makes me feel good knowing that I am able to give back to the community.
You don't have to just give back during the holiday season but, you can give back to the community all year long.

I used to volunteer when I was in high school, all the time. I always felt good knowing that I was making a difference in other people lives.
I volunteered at 2 homeless shelters called saint vincent de paul and phoenix rescue mission


There are also other options that you can do to give back during the holiday season. Like donating toys for toys for tots and angel tree.
You can also do what is called adopt a family it is where you buy Christmas gifts for a family that is in need. 



                         Here are toys that got donated for toys for tots


I hope that all of you will give back this holiday season. But, always remember that friends and family is the most important thing and that we should be thankful for the things that we have in life. 

Remember we are unique, different and special in our own unique way, I love you all happy holidays , see you next time❤šŸ’š❤šŸ’š

3 comments:

  1. Kayley, You are a kind sweet woman! I love that you think about others so much! I too also like to give back. My heart breaks for people sleeping on the streets.
    Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you eat until you can't eat no more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a thoughtful blog, thank you for sharing! My family donated to toys for tots a couple times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well organized and timely topic in this post. Good job.

    ReplyDelete