Sunday, November 18, 2018

Entry 9 Living in the Wrong Era


11/16/18    living in the wrong era 





Today I am going to talk about living in the wrong era. I have always felt that I have grown up in the wrong generation from listening to Madonna, Paula Abdul, Stevie Nicks, Fleetwood Mac  picking up a book and reading it and my love for knowledge. Now a days it is E-readers, tablets and X-box.



                                     Here is a 1980s picture of Madonna. 

                       
                       I recently got to see a 1964 car and a 1970 bus and I thought that it was the coolest looking cars I had ever seen.
         


Here is what a 1970 VW bus looks like 


A lot people tell me that I am lucky that I live in today's era, because back in the 60's and 70's there were no such things as cell phones, computers, video games etc.. But, I honestly feel that in today's generation that there is so much more drama than back in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.
Not only that but, life was way more simple and less  complicated than today.

I don't feel lucky that I live in this era because I feel that technology has taken over people's lives. I honestly wish I didn't live in a world with all this technology and drama.
I honestly could live with out a cell phone, iPad, social media and so on. The only reason I have those things is to be with the times. I honestly feel that people forgot what life was like without all this technology that we have today.

I feel that people that lived in the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's were the lucky ones because they didn't have all the technology  that we have today and were happy without the technology and the conveniences that we have today. They also weren't spoiled rotten or greedy.

I recently went to a Paula Abdul concert. It was great to listen to some 80's pop music. She played  all of her old music, her tour is called Straight Up. 
I also went to a Janet Jackson and New Kids On The Block concert. They too played all their old hits. 

Here is a video clip of Paula Abdul singing the song Straight Up. 


Here is the New Kids On The Block singing the song Step by Step. 




 Here is a photo of Janet Jackson that I took when I was at her concert. 


As far as to what era I wish I grew up in I would have to say the 70's and 80's because the 70's had cool clothes and cars. The 80's had good music.

What era do you wish you grew up in or do you like the era that you are in?

   
Remember we are unique, different and special in our own unique way, I love you all, see you next time๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š
            




2 comments:

  1. I see your perspective too. I wish I was born in the 60's because of all the cars and the music that was coming out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting topic and perspective. Times were different during those years, but also be careful not to overgeneralize; there has always been drama and other aspects that weren't ideal. That said, I appreciate the way you organized and focused this post on those aspects that are appealing to you about the 70s and 80s.

    ReplyDelete