Saturday, September 29, 2018

Entry 3: social media

  9/27/18                social media

                           
                                     



     Today I am going talk about social media. When I was a kid there was no such thing as social media. We had computers when I was a kid but, it wasn't nothing compared to todays computers. The computers we had was the 1998 computer with 1998 windows.

Here is what a 1998 computer looked like

                                     

                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
Here is also a video of how a 1998 computer works.



  Since there was no such thing as social media when I was a kid, I would play PC games on the computer or play games on a website called dressupgames.com  
                                                                
I  wasn't on any social media platforms until I was 17 years old in 2009. My first social media account was Myspace.

So, today 9/27/18 when I listen to a podcast called status update in the podcast there are 3 teenage girls, age 13 to 14 they would talk about how they like to get likes, over 150 likes a day and how people comment and say how beautiful and pretty they are with their selfies that they post on social media.

When I listened to the podcast it made me feel like the girls are so addicted to social media and that they are more happy when they get a lot of likes and comments on their post or photos on social media. 

It also makes me feel so grateful that there was no such thing as social medial when I was a kid. Because I got to be a kid and play outside and you could talk to people and have a conversation with them and they would listen to you. I got to have family dinners at the dinner table as a kid without any distractions. I would  talk about my day with my parents and my two brothers. 
Now a days I feel that it is just the opposite. I see more people on their cell phones texting, talking, on Facebook etc. and less interaction with people. Rather it be at school, work or just hanging out with friends I always see the cell phone out.
This is good a example of two friends hanging out but instead of having a conversation with each other they have their phones out instead.
Here is another example of 5 friends hanging out. You can tell they are happy hanging out, they are probably showing each other photos or texting each other. But again, there is a lack of interaction with one another because they have their cell phones out while hanging out with each other.

I miss the days where there was no such thing as a cell phone or social media and where you could just have a regular conversation with someone. 

 Here is an example of three friends hanging out with each other having a conversation without having their phones out, while talking to each other.

The lesson I want you to take away from this blog is that life is way to short and that you don't always need to be on your cell phone 24/7. Especially while hanging out with friends. Because it can be rude and disrespectful to be on your phone while hanging out with friends. Spend time with your friends and family without the cell phone because, you only live once and you never know what tomorrow will hold for the ones we love.  

Remember we are unique, different and special in our own unique way, I love you all, see you next time💚💚💚💚
            
                                                  
                                           
                             

3 comments:

  1. I loved your post! It spoke to me and I also miss the days were people would be less distracted with phones and had more interactions with the people infant of them. Now a days, it's cell phones here, cell phones there, social media, Oh look at this. It's degrading to an extent because I would like to have a conversation without some one pulling out their phone or not really knowing what to talk about because of social problems from people on their phone too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the information you provided, I relate to it so much! Also,you make really good points in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have clearly struck a chord with your readers based on the comments above.

    ReplyDelete