Monday, September 10, 2018

Entry 1 : yoocan

9/9/18               Entry 1 yoocan blog


See the source image
Today I am going to share with you a website that is dear to me and closed to my heart. This website is call Yoocan. Here is the link to the website yoocan. Yoocan is the first ever website that is designed for people with disabilities. Yoocan is a place where people with disabilities can share not only their life experiences as well as their accomplishments along their journey in life. Yoocan is also a place where people with disabilities don't have to feel alone and can relate to other people disabilities and story's. Yoocan is also the number 1 global collaboration community for and by people with disabilities.  There is also a online store on their website where you can shop for assessable items or everyday items for you or your special needs child. They also made their website assessable for vision impaired, blind, deaf and hard of hearing people.
Here is what a yoocan blog looks like 
See the source image
              My friend Becky Foster introduced me to the website Yoocan. Becky is a YouTuber and she too, has cerebral palsy. She has written three blogs on Yoocan. The name of the three blogs that Becky wrote are: My Cerebral Palsy Story & How I Became Bionic Becky, How I Celebrate Christmas and 10 Tips For Dating When You Have a Disability. Here are the links to Becky's blogs on Yoocan.
my cerebral palsy story & How I became Bionic Becky how I cerebrate Christmas 10 tips for dating when you have a disability. Becky also did a promotional video for Yoocan. 

In time I hope to have my own Yoocan blogs and perhaps a video as well. I feel Yoocan is not only inspirational also one of a kind. I am glad I had the opportunity to share this website with all of you.
Remember we all are unique, different and special in our own unique ways, I love you all, see you next time.💚💚💚💚

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kayley, I use to teach adults with Cerebral Palsy job skills. I had the best time being a job coach! I love the YOOCAN site! It makes my heart happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds and looks like a great blog to both support the special needs community as well as inform others about this community. When you link to your friend's blog posts, you can hyperlink them directly into the sentence where you first mention them, so you don't have to repeat it a second time.

    ReplyDelete