Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Entry 11: getting to know my culture background

2/11/19    Getting to Know My Cultural Background

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and indoor

Today I am going to share with you my cultural background. We all have a cultural background. Having a cultural background is what makes all of us unique, different, special and beautiful human beings. If we didn't have a cultural background then we would all be robots. In other words, we would all look the same, act the same if there was no such thing as having a cultural background. So I am very grateful that each of us have one because, I wouldn't want to be a robot. 

There are 12 cultural identity elements that make all of us who we are as human beings. Here is a photo of the 12 cultural identity elements. This is what it looks like in a diagram. 



As you can see by this diagram, this is how important cultural identity is as a human being. The 12 cultural identity elements are: race, health, ethnicity, social class, gender, age, geographic region, social status, language, religion, sexuality and disability.

 Now I am going to share with you the 12 cultural identity elements that represent me as a human being. I am going to use some photos that I took and some of my YouTube videos to represent my 12 cultural identity elements.



Race

This is a photo of my arm, showing skin color, to
represent my race. I am half German and half

Czechoslovakian.

   One interesting fact is that my last name is a German last name and that my ancestors invented beer. That is why my last name is Biersbach. Biers (beer) and bach (brand name) therefore Bach beer.


religion 




This is a book that my Grandparents gave me when I was younger to help me learn about Jesus, God and the Bible.




social class 


This video represents my social class because, I talk about my experience being in special ed. I feel that being that I have experienced being in special ed. this is what is going to make me a great special ed. teacher someday. Because I can relate to all the students that have been in special ed. because, I have been in their shoes.

 

I am using my voice to  represent language.  Click on the word language to listen to what I have to say about language.




Ethnicity


This a photo of me and my family. In the red shirt is my little brother Curtis. In the blue shirt is my older brother Clayton and I have my hands on my mom's shoulders. This family photo represents ethnicity because we all share the same history, language and blood.



sexuality

Earrings are a girls best friend. A lot of girls wear earrings. My  favorite type of earring are Christmas earrings because, my favorite holiday is Christmas.




                                                     disability 


This video represents my disability because, having cerebral palsy makes me walk a bit differently. So in this video I show you how I walk with having cerebral palsy.

gender 

This is a photo of my hair. My hair is what makes me a female.


health


Here is a photo of my glasses. I wear glasses because I have strabismus. I have had strabismus since the day I was born. I have been wearing glasses since I was 8 years old.

age 


                                         
          This a photo of me when I was 10 yrs old, at school. 
         


                                  And here is a photo of me today.
                  

I am using the website called yoocanfind to represent social status. Yoocan is a website designed for people with disabilities to share their stories with other people just like them. I also did a blog about yoocan yoocan blog.

geographic region



                Here is a photo of the outside of my house, with a cactus.






                  Here is a photo of my backyard, with a cactus too. 


My house is my geographic region because a home is were you put you head on your pillow at night and it is where your heart is too, with your family.


  I hope you learned a thing or two about my cultural background and what cultural background truly is.

Remember we are unique, different and special in our own unique way, I love you all, see you next timeπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

No comments:

Post a Comment